Web check-in guidelines vary airline to airline and country. However, given below is the overview of web check-in process commonly followed by airlines globally. It’s essential to refer to the airline’s official website or contact their customer service, for clarifications.
- Timeframe: Web check-in usually opens 24-48 hours before the scheduled departure time and typically closes around 60 minutes prior to departure. The exact timeframe can vary by airline and flight type (domestic vs. international).
- Information Required: Passengers often need their booking reference or PNR number and last name to initiate the web check-in process.
- Seat Selection: During web check-in, passengers can often choose their seats. Some airlines might charge extra for specific preferred seats, while others may offer it for free.
- Baggage Information: Passengers might be prompted to provide details about their check-in luggage, including the number of bags or weight.
- Boarding Pass: After completing web check-in, passengers will receive an electronic boarding pass via email or SMS, which they need to show at the airport.
- Health and Travel Declarations: Due to varying travel restrictions and health concerns, especially during events like the COVID-19 pandemic, airlines might require passengers to complete health and/or travel declarations.
Web Check-in Instructions:
- Visit the Airline’s Website/App: Navigate to the web check-in section on the airline’s official website or through their mobile app.
- Enter Booking Details: Input your booking reference/PNR number and last name or other required information.
- Seat Selection: Pick your seat from the available options. There might be a fee for specific preferred seats.
- Provide Luggage Information: Indicate if you have check-in luggage and, if prompted, provide details on the number of bags or weight.
- Fill in Additional Details: This could include meal preferences, special assistance requests, or health declarations.
- Review & Confirm: Check all the details you’ve entered, ensure they’re accurate, then submit the form to complete the check-in process.
- Obtain Boarding Pass: Save the electronic boarding pass on your mobile device or print it. Some airlines also offer the option to send the boarding pass to an email address or mobile number.
- At the Airport: Arrive at the airport with ample time. Show your electronic or printed boarding pass at the security check and at the boarding gate.
- Passport Validity: Many countries require travelers to have a passport that remains valid for at least six months beyond the date of their expected departure from the destination. Always verify the specific passport validity requirements of your destination country before travel.
- Valid Visa: If the destination country requires a visa, travelers must secure the appropriate visa type before departure. It’s essential to ensure the visa is valid for the entire duration of the stay.
- Transit Visa Requirements: If you are Transiting or have layovers in countries en-route to your destination, check if a transit visa is required. Some countries mandate transit visas even if you don’t leave the airport or pass through immigration.
Air Ticket Refund, after Web Check-in
- Web Check-in: The Web Check-in guidelines is provided to passengers on the airline’s platform. Visit the airline’s official website/app, input your PNR and last name to check in. URL details and features are below; the airline also offers this on their app/site.
- Refund Initiation: Refund requests for air tickets booked can only be refunded by belairtrip.com and not by the Airline, as an intermediary for the transaction.
- Reconfirmation: Always reconfirm the correct timing before Flight departure. You may also check with the Airline website or on the Airline. Contact details are available on the e-ticket.
Special Note* Always consult with the embassy or consulate of the destination country or rely on official government travel advisories to get accurate and up-to-date information on visa and passport rules.
The following guidelines on web check-in and air ticket refunds are provided for general informational purposes only. They may not reflect the specific policies of all travel agents or airlines. It’s essential to consult directly with the travel agent or airline in question for accurate and up-to-date information. We accept no liability for inaccuracies or misunderstandings.