India has emerged from a prolonged lockdown due to COVID-19, air travel raises numerous queries. This guide seeks to address key concerns about air travel from and to India, after of lockdown.
- Pre-Flight Testing: Thermal screening is mandatory for all passengers during both boarding and arrival.
- Aarogya Setu App: Downloading this app is a prerequisite. Some states may require additional quarantine apps to monitor individuals.
- Quarantine Upon Arrival: Rules vary among states. While Delhi mandates 7 days of home quarantine, other states may enforce a 14-day mix of institutional and home quarantine.
- Travel Forms/Passes: States like Chhattisgarh, Punjab, West Bengal, Gujarat, and Delhi necessitate an e-pass for travel.
- Safety Protocols: Mandatory guidelines include wearing masks, maintaining social distance, using hand sanitizers, and adhering to airline-specific guidelines.
- Airline Services: While essential amenities remain, some, like in-flight meals and trolley bag allowance, are currently suspended.
- COVID-Positive Passengers: Affected individuals will be transferred to the nearest COVID facility.
- Booking & Check-in: Ticket booking remains unchanged. However, web check-ins are now compulsory.
- Quarantine Exemptions: Certain states, like Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Kerala, Jharkhand, and Tamil Nadu, provide specific quarantine exemptions based on travel duration or purpose.
- Pre-Travel Checklist: Ensure you have a state-issued e-pass, a COVID-negative report from an ICMR-approved lab, relevant apps downloaded, and essential protective gear.
By following these guidelines and airline-specific directives, travelers can expect a smoother journey. Safe travels!
The COVID-19 FAQ information provided herein is for general informationa. It is not intended as medical or health advice. Always consult with healthcare professionals or trusted sources for guidance. We accept no liability for inaccuracies or any harm stemming from this content.